Thursday, August 15, 2024

Two Shadows Walking (Poem)




Two Shadows walking...


Who did what, I do not know???

But I saw the man who walks between the raindrops, and he showed me where to go:

"Lay her body in a creek and break it up with stones.''

"The blood is love and life you seek and sweetness is in the bones."

Now ..her eyes, still asking why?-

Gain the immortal glare.

And look upon this world's great green gods and live within their stare!

 Beyond, beyond the moss and rocks, I felt a shock! T'was nature's face unveiled.. 

Eternal cycles, birth and death -my sense of self assailed.

Then smiling vines pour evil wine to reward me with a kiss, 

Dionysus brings great lust and horror -...we'll live forever in his bliss.

Oh Three shadows know now where to go to for the sacrificial rite, 

Where creatures of the darkness meet the creatures of the light.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment